We were delighted to be able to re-open after Lockdown on 8th June 2020 until the end of the Summer term. The children who returned all settled in really well and gave us the opportunity to reflect on how to manage re-opening in September 2020. We were so pleased to welcome everyone back in September along with some new families. We were sad not to give the children starting school in September the usual experiences such as sports day, mothers and fathers day events, trips to Malham Tarn, Skipton fire station, visits to school, the annual Summer trip, end of term party, etc. Fortunately they were all ready for school and we’ve heard that they are all doing so well. We look forward to the day we can have our ‘end of term party’.
We have completed a thorough risk assessment which is continually reviewed to try keep the children, staff and parents safe from COVID-19. We hope this, along with our policy and procedures, keeps the spread of COVID to the absolute minimum. However, we also have procedures in place should there be a suspected case or a confirmed case so action is quick and effective. The first half term has gone really well with the children settling in quickly and adapting to our new routines and layout without hesitation. They are brilliant at coming in and washing their hands independently before going to play and quickly remind anyone who forgets. They talk positively about their experiences and seem to be taking it all in their stride. We are so proud of them. The staff, however, miss welcoming parents into setting but can always be contacted by phone or email and face-to-face meetings can be arranged if necessary. There is a parent information folder outside the pre-school which contains more information and copies of some policies such as safeguarding, complaints, etc.
If you are interested in our Pre-school or Explorers Out of School Club and would like a visit or to get more details, please contact us using the contact form or ring 01756 791123.
We can still arrange visits but it will be when the children have left at the end of the day.
Due to COVID-19 our usual events have had to be cancelled until further notice. We are looking at new ways of ensuring the children have valuable experiences and we arrange events that ensure our Pre-school still has that ‘family feel’. Please get in touch if you have any ideas.
Events that usually take place at playgroup:
- Welcome Back Evening for parents – what we will be doing this year
- Annual General Meeting
- Visit to Judith’s allotment to pick fruit and vegetables
- Trip on Embsay steam train to Bolton Abbey
- Bright Lights Festival week celebrating Halloween, Bonfire Night, Diwali and Remembrance Day
- Children In Need week – wear your Pyjamas. The children will be making cakes to sell.
- Visit from Malham Tarn team to make natural Christmas decorations
- Christmas party and visit from Santa
- Visit from Kingsway Vet, Beth
- Parents evening
- Running the community cafe
- Chinese cooking with Michelle Li
- Speech and language evening for parents with Ben Bolton
- Pancake cafe for parents
- Visitor Lauren to teach us the art of paper-making
- Visit from Dental Nurse, Kelly.
- Sport Relief
- Mothers’ Day and Fathers’ Day afternoon teas
- Sports day
- Trips to Ilkley Winter Gardens
- Trips to Skipton Town Hall for Shows
- Visit to Skipton on the bus
- Visit to Skipton fire station
- Visit to Malham Tarn
- Visits from reception class teachers
- Visits to new schools/settings
- Annual Family Trip to Hesketh Farm Park
- End of term party
This years fundraising events and other community events:
- 2nd to 9th April – Easter Egg Trail
- 17th July 2021 – Embsay Village Fete
We hope the following annual events will return soon:
- Kilnsey Show
- Embsay Fun Run and Sunday Brunch in the Village Hall
- Running the Community Cafe in Embsay Methodist Church.
- Skipton Town Cafe
- Great Embsay Bake Off
- Skipton Gala – float in procession
- Embsay School Summer Fair